Ellen Fix, LMSW, CAADC
- ADHD / ADD
- Anxiety / Depression
- Eating Disorders
- Domestic Abuse
- Grief and Loss
- Health and Nutrition
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Addiction
- Stress Management / Coping
- Substance Use / Abuse
- Trauma / PTSD
- Women’s Issues
- Adolescent Mood Disorders
- Auricular 5-Point Protocol to support detoxification from addictive substances to reduce relapse.
- Certified Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist (NAFDA #6869)
- Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CAADC)
- Court-Related Assessments
- Neurofeedback / EEG-Biofeedback
- Pre-Sentence and Driver’s License Reinstatement Evaluations
- Substance Abuse Assessments
Her philosophy is to support an individual’s recovery plan, providing treatment modalities, which are therapeutic, educational and diverse to support and enhance effective personal modification. These interventions include; Auricular Acupuncture (in the ear), Neurotherapy for improved brain function, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Ellen works with local physicians, to support and monitor ongoing medication management. She also has experience working with the legal system and she provides detailed Court Related Assessments and Driver License Assessments as required.
Ellen works to establish rapport with all clients as they can enter a therapeutic relationship that has caring, compassion, and competence as its foundation. Change is difficult and for those who seek help, should be able to obtain treatment in a healthy atmosphere. Ellen’s belief is “people don’t care how much you know, until they know how much you care”.
Ellen’s therapy modalities include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, and Individual and Group Therapy.
Ellen Fix LMSW accepts most insurance plans, is an Employee Assistance Provider (EAP), a State of Michigan Lawyer & Judges Assistance Program provider, and has some evening appointments available.
Contact Ellen Fix
Call Grand Rapids Therapy Group at (616) 591-9000, or send a message.